DIY PUMPKIN HAIR MASQUE
Fall is here! With Fall comes changes to our wardrobes, beauty and hair regimens. Fall is also peak season for pumpkins. Pumpkins are a great source of fatty acids and antioxidants such as Vitamins A and E that help to promote hair growth and nourishes hair. Take full advantage of this seasonal fruit by trying out this DIY Pumpkin Hair Masque.
What You’ll Need:
1/4 cup Water
1 cup Fresh or Canned Pumpkin
2-4 tablespoons of an Oil of your choice (e.g., Safflower, Coconut, Olive Oils)
2 tablespoons Honey (optional)
1. Chop the pumpkin into small pieces and put it into the blender along with the water. Blend the mixture until smooth or has the consistency of conditioner.
2. Remove any lumps out of the pumpkin mixture that can get caught in your hair with a mesh strainer.
3. Add the oil and honey to the mixture and mix well.
4. Apply masque to freshly shampooed or co-washed hair from root to tip. Cover with a plastic cap and leave it in for 15-20 minutes. Heat is optional.
5. Rinse with warm water and proceed with conditioning or deep conditioning.
PUMPKIN YEAR ROUND: Incorporate cold-pressed Pumpkin Seed Oil as a hot oil treatment for the same benefits.